Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Anyone knows how to cure food allergy?

I ate crabs last night when i woke up this morning im breaking up all over my face and body
Answer:
actually, I would suggest getting in to see your family Dr. about it..if you have one, and have good insurance...then go. crab is a shell fish..and if you're reacting to shell fish then it can mean even more than just a food allergy, which your Dr. can explain. But, for sure.dont eat any more shell fish until you DO speak with your Dr.
I don't think you can cure an allergy. Go see an allertist and he/she can pinpoint that it is indeed the crab that bothered you. Also, you can find out if you are allergic to other seafoods, so you can know what is safe for you to eat. Don't mess around with food allergies. They can become dangerous.
You can't cure food allergies, you simply grow out of them or you don't. But if you ate something and reacted negatively to it, then you need to see a doctor as soon as possible to get some allergy medication! Food allergies can be really serious and should be treated right away.
Food allergies are a broad subject - that can in some cases be cured. From the information you have given, it is possible that you have a reaction to crabs - but they are dirty creatures and certainly not good for food. If you want your reaction to go away and not worsen, 1 Tablespoon Activated Charcoal (Not fire charcoal - available at chemists) with 2 glasses of water. Drink plenty of water. From me a Lifestyle Counselor.
I don't think they can be cured. Call your doctor and ask him/her if it's okay for you to take over the counter Benadryl...that helps lessen the severity of your symptoms. I have an allergy to nuts and I avoid them, but when I have accidentally eaten something with nuts in it, I go to the ER and they usually give me Benadryl in an IV...when they send me home, they tell me to get Benadryl over the counter to help the symptoms. Other than Benadryl, the only thing I know to help food allergies is just to avoid whatever you're allergic to. Hope this helps.
To make the symptoms go away, take allergy medication and drink a lot of water to get the harmful substances out of your system.
Get a test from a doctor - it was not necessarily the crabs that caused your condition. They may have contained preservatives, artificial flavors or food colorings you might be allergic to.If it is the crabs: As far as I know, there is no allergy desensitization available for food allergies.
Of course there is alternative therapy which is not generally approved or accepted by the scientific view, for example from traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture etc., but everyone has to decide for themselves what to make of those.
Stay away from crabs, you are probably allergic to them. You can always be tested by an allergist to confirm this. You should always carry Benadryl with you just in case you have this problem again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net