Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Anyone try the ace wrist splints for carpal tunnel?

Or any wrist splint? Did it help you get some relief?
Do i wear them only at bedtime?
Answer:
I tried a wrist splint... I bought it at WalMart and it made it so my wrist couldn't bend... I wore it pretty much constantly for about two weeks and it helped a lot. My wrist still gets a little soar but it's much better and a lot cheaper than getting surgery... Good Luck!
I wear one most of the time and it feels better. I don't care who see's it or what I'm wearing. I wear it.
I have carpel tunnel in both wrists. A neurologist told me to wear the wrist bands (which were the expensive ones with a metal strip in the bands) only at night during sleep for 6 months.It seemes to help but doesn't rid you of the problem. My whole arms hurt that's how bad it is for me...al the way up to my shoulders.I won't have surgery as I have heard that it sometimes does nothing and I don't want to put myself through the healing process that takes a very long time.
Have it from playing music, have learned not to stress and wear a similar brace now and then and it tends to make it feel better, but don't wear it when you sleep and not all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net