Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Anyone out there experience weight gain from taking Actos for Diabetes?

Hubby has been taking this medication for the past better part of a year and he keeps gaining weight, expecially in midsection..more like a bloating..not like him at all. Will also ask family physician but appointment is a month off yet. A friend had same probem and was treated at John Hopkins and taken off Actos.
Answer:
I gained about 10 pounds over a 4 month period on Actos. My docter switched me to Januvia and now Im losing weight. Actos made me feel bloated and sluggish, I couldnt take it and made my doctor switch me off it.
most antidiabetic agents cause weight gain, usually 5-10 pounds
Yes, I, too, gained weight. I was on metformin but it caused diarrhea so I was changed to actos. I had lost 10 lbs with the metformin, but as soon as I started taking actos, I regained the 10 lbs plus another 10 lbs. I have a new dr. so I am going to ask about changing meds again. Maybe I should go back to metformin, it was better than dieting, LOL.
Everyone on Actos gains weight.
unfortunately weight gain is one of the side effects of actos.
i took actos and i took advandia both caused weight gain it due to water retention i do believe although i had an endocronologist (asshole) tell me the only way to gain weight was to eat more food than your body needs. he wouldn't even listen to me that i didn't eat all that much compared to what i used to eat i'm practically starving myself. any way when i left i felt like an inch tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net