Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Anyone out there with compassion.?

My brother lives in France and has prostate cancer, he has had it out, but the PSA just keeps rising not much but going up, it is now 3.6. he has been told he will have chemo and the scans are in preparartion for that. How can the PSA levels go up when there is no prostate? Now today they have found it has gone to the liver, the bones are still OK.I am very worried, Daaddy died of leukaemia just three months after we married in 1967, My mother died of pancreatic cancer in Octoebr 2005 and now Chris. he is 63.I do have faith, but very scared.Any compassionate words that would help welcome and prayers.Thank you G
Answer:
Well i certainly feel for you , and will pray for you and yours,your bound ot be scared as you already knw its life changing for all involved faith is all well and good , and you always need something at times like this ,but often i wanted my faith to provide major miracles, when in actual fact ihave come to the conclusion its just to get you through , they will manage fine in the end as the strength in people like this astonishes me in fact encourages me i hope you get to spend some time around your brother ..its fine and normal to be scared the whole roller coaster of emotions you might be feeling now and in the future.
Im not sure what else to say as nothing can make you fell better but i will pray that you get peace that surpasses all understanding ...and im sure you know , but in case you have forgotten where faith in concerned feelings dont count , well what im trying to say is that dont think that cos your feelings are tearin you apart that thats a reflection on your faith as its not you rfaith will walk you through the pain though it wont eliminate it...i dont think i can tellyou anything you dont already know but having walked through this with my best friend though i dont know exactly how your feeling i know it hurts like hell.if you want to email me just to use me as an annoymous sounding board feel free ..mean while i will pray for your family...take care
i will say a prayer for you and your family this evening i send u my love and best wishes!!
xxxxxxx
gareth
It is never easy to lose a loved one. My parents died over five years ago, and a day doesn't pass that I don't think of them and miss them. But life and death are what they are, we none of us escape. Enjoy your brother while you can, be sure to tell him you love him and settle any disagreements between you. Who knows, the chemo may work, it has been known to ya know. Keep a positive mind set, don't let the fear in. There is no good reason to fear, it just makes you miserable and doesn't change a thing.
i really feel for you, my mother had cancer in her liver but they cut most of it out and it regrew, dont lose hope!!
I'm sorry to hear about your brother.I lost my dad to cancer a few years ago, and my mum just got over it.Unfortunately it is so common. They say 1 in 3 people will get it at some point in their life. However, treatments are getting better as more research is being done into this awful disease, and a lot of people do get better.Be positive for your brother. At the same time, make some time for yourself - counselling would be good for you i think - i went myself and found it very helpful.One thing i do to make myself feel better is to raise money for the cancer research charity sometimes - it makes me feel like i am at least doing something to remember my dad by and help others and their families.Thinking of you. xx
nobody knows for certain how long we are all here. we are here only temperarily really- enjoy your time you may have left with your brother. i send you the strength to continue xxxx
don't loose hope, and we all, well most of us know god works in strange ways, there has to be a reason to all of your brothers and previous family suffering. keep your head up. that doen't mean it won't hurt, but you have to stay strong for yourself and your family. i'll say a prayer for you all. (huggs)
I'm sorry for your brother. I know what you are feeling since I lost my grandmother today due cancer.
I will answer the easiest part of your question. The PSA level is increasing because the metastasis of prostate cancer are also secreting PSA.
My husband is going through chemo for liver and lung cancer, he refuses to be beaten. *HUGS* for you hunni, I know how you feel. xxxx
I won't beat around the bush. I am truly sorry to hear about your brother, however I might be able to help. I have no idea what PSA is but I know chemo is used on cancer. Garlic has extremely good anti-cancer qualities; something about killing the 'free-radicals' Eat one piece a day for the best results. People don't know about this because business cannot patent a natural plant, so they can't make profit from it. They'd rather sell us fantastically expensive ineffectual medicines that cripple the health service and probably only extend life for a short period. Garlic is cheap, you really have nothing to lose. If he doesn't like garlic, then blend it into a drink.
Of course I will pray for you, it'll go something like this:Dear GOD,
Please help this person's brother recover from prostate cancer, and please help this person from grieving from his/her loss of his/her parents. Please help this person to understand that it's alright to be upset, but to always have faith,
AMENWhatever you do, please always have hope, and if you and other friends pray hard enough, then hopefully your brother can live, I'll help spread the word. You are special, and your brother."Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V.
i know what its like to lose the ones you love to cancer,it is the most heart breaking thing in the world to watch helplessly,you can only take one day at a time,
be strong when you can,
be weak when you need to be,
take care my thoughts are with you.
I Will Say A Prayer For You %26 Your Family Tonight!
I Hope Everything Goes Well For You!
Take Care %26 Best Wishes
Jen xxx
I am so sorry to hear about your brothers illness. My partner died of lung cancer 14 months ago, I cared for him at home and he died in his bed with us around him. I found strength from somewhere, I prayed a lot and we cried a lot. Its an awful experience but I still feel stronger even now, and learnt so much about dignity and love. I do not want to upset you, but please be strong and go be with him if you can. I will say a little prayer for you. C.
My wife was diagnose with pancreatic neuro-endocrine cancer 2 yrs ago and now has breast cancer and has underwent her first chemo. She will receive a removal and then re-construction surgery after chemo. My wife is 32.
I have nothing but faith in my wife.. I have been scared... all i can offer is my best wishes to you and use the phrase "keep your chin up".Don't waste your days feeling down. Stay positive and look to the future. P.s. any chance of an invite to his 70th??
I have had Cancer for 11 years, it spread from my Kidney to my bones 6 years ago and I am still here...be positive..that is one of the key things...yes he may well die, we all do, but how life is lived until then is the most important thing...so do things..don't spend all your time in Hospitals..he will feel bad during Chemo, but there will be good days, so enjoy them...he lives in a beautiful country with good food and wine so try sampling them...Try not to be full of the compassionate words, there will be time for that...see him, arrange nights out, trips out, holidays away, anything at all, but take the opportunity to do some things he has always wanted to do...I have and now if I am taken I can go happy.so don't despair, that is the worst thing...stand tall and take it on..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net