Sunday, October 25, 2009

Any smokers who used Chantix? At what week did you stop smoking?

did you have a quit date? or did you just not want to smike anymore?
Answer:
I took Chantix from October through December of last year. My doctor told me to pick a quit date and start taking Chantix 7 days prior. I quit on day 8 of taking Chantix.Towards the end of the first 7 days my smoking was dramatically reduced as Chantix would give me an upset stomach (for about 30 minutes) whenever I took my pill and again whenever I'd smoke. I'd get a puff or two in feel like I was going to toss my cookies if I had one more puff. I guess it helps to know that the last few days of me smoking was making me feel physically ill so I don't look back on it fondly.I used to smoke 1-2 packs a day (more if I went to the bar) and I haven't had a cigarette since October.Good luck quitting!
I used it for about 8 weeks... and it's been almost 11 weeks since I had my last cigarette. I didn't try to force anything, except that I left my cigs in a room on the far end of my house. That kept me from lighting up just out of habit. I had to think about what I was doing.
But the Chantix really does work. I found that the time was longer and longer in between my cravings. I still do have cravings - maybe 2 or so a day - but I know that I'm stronger than my addiction. Now that I've quite, I'm going to stay a quitter.
Oh, I smoked from age 15ish to age 49.
Yes, you have to choose a "quit date" when you take Chantix.Read some important information about How to take Chantix:http://www.quitsmokinghope.com/chantix/c...
I quit after the third dose, which was several days BEFORE my quit date. I took the Chantix for just one month. I've been smoke-free since April 20.
Quitting smoking with Chantix works differently for different people. For more Chantix information, please click the following link: http://www.121doc.com/champix.html?a_aid...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net