Saturday, October 31, 2009

Anyone know a good medication for Asthma?

I have a case of asthma that will not go away. I have about 4 inhalers and I take xopenex ( I think that's how you spell it.) on a nebulizer. Still, I cough all the time and people say i always look pale and sick. A lot of the time I get pulled out of school because I have suchh severe attacks that I can't breathe. Suggestions?
Answer:
Xopenex is a personal fave for nebulizer meds so your good there. Possibly adding Pulmicort an inhaled steroid and/or Advair to your regemin may make a difference. The inhaled steroids work as a maintenece medication and help keep your airways calm and uninflamed. I highly recommend adding one. Also Atrovent or Spiriva, they are a different type of bronchodilator so they can be taken with the Xopenex and have a different effect on your lungs. Hope this helps.
Ummm, albuterol, its an inhalant. If those dont work...deal with it, I've had asthma since I was born.
go back to the Dr,get a higher dose of the inhaler you use and make sure you use it as said to
Try breathing exercise and if you loose control of your asthma attack it won't help things. Try yoga
hey i hav asthma 2! i use ventalin and seratide 2 puffs of each. and i've alwaiz used it and i neva coughed since but i recommed seeing your doctor first because i might have spelt the names wrong and he might not want u 2 take that medication!
Xoponex and Albuterol are bronco dilators. Meaning that they make your air passages open up by becoming bigger. In cases of asthma, this is a great thing. However, not all wheezing is asthma. Instead of treating your symptom (wheezing) perhaps you and your doctor should treat the cause of your breathing difficulties. Many times wheezing is caused by an histamine response, so you may be allergic to something. An allergist may be able to help you a great deal.
My dad suffers from asthma and was given last rights twice as a child. Now he's on a trial prescibed from the doctor called symbicort (I think that's right) and he's doing much much better. Staying fit and healthy is important too for stronger lungs and heart. I suggest you talk to your doctor and good luck.
I also have asthma. However, it is mild and is triggered by certain things like pets,dust,smoke and can also be exercise induced. What I can suggest is doing a clean up of your bedroom or even your house. It can be the simplest thing such as dust mites on your bed sheets or the dust on the air that keeps causes your cough and all the other symptoms that are associated to asthma. Nonetheless, asthma varies from person to person but if you try what I have suggested this may make a huge difference in your everyday. The need for the use of the inhalers could possibly lessen by 50% or more. As far a medicine for asthma, you may be already using what is offered out there. This website may be helpful...check it out http://www.asthma.ca/adults/about/...
Hey go here http://www.fsponline-recommends.co.uk/sa... or look up Salt Pipe. Ok I know it sounds weird but go and read it and if you get one and it works, share the good news. I'm going to buy one for my wife.
my son is on xopenex,pulmocort, astilin, flonase advair, patenol, and zyrtec. For him keeping his allergies under control greatly decreases his asthma symptoms. Talk to your doctor about allergy testing and see if a change of food enviroment or something will help
First and foremost it is imperative that you work closely with your doctor and a pulmonologist. If you are not already taking an inhaled corticosteriod, this may be a route to explore, this aids in long term management. Xopenex is an excellent bronchodilator, however it does not have a very fast onset. You may need to consider switching to Albuterol. Just be careful not to use both at the same time. One of the best things that you can do to control your asthma and know if an attack is coming on, is the use of a peak flow meter. I cannot stress enough how effective this very easy to use tool is. I have seen it prevent many severe attacks that otherwise would have resulted in hospitalization. Ask you doctor or a Respiratory Therapist how this tool can most benefit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net