Saturday, October 31, 2009

Anyone ever have scarlet fever as an adult?

If so, what were your symptoms? Fever of 101 or greater? Was the cause - a strep throat gone wrong, or other soft tissue infection? Did you have itchy patches all over? Please give me some info about YOUR experience? Thanks :)
Answer:
My 36 y/o husband recently had scarlet fever. We recognized it because my son had it twice when he was 6. We believe my husband had strep throat. My son came down with a diagnosed case of strep, and several days later my husbnad began suffering from symptoms. Just the sore throat though, no high fever. But since he is prone to strep, he went to the doctor and had the throat culture done. But before he could receive the results, the lab lost them. Well he didn't go back to the doctor right away (read: weeks), but took a few leftover antibiotics from before. Soon we began to notice a spreading rash. Exactly like the one my son had a couple of years ago when he was diagnosed with scarlet fever. THe rash spread over my husband's chest, hands, feet, and itched unbearably. After awhile it begins to peel, and looks pretty gross. In addition, you must be patient with the peeling, don't try to remove the dead skin before it is ready, or it will be more painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net