Saturday, October 31, 2009

Anyone know a sure cure for catarrh?

a cough caused by post nasal drip which causes the cough day and night.
Answer:
The two answers before mine I was able to read suggested "things" to deal with it, but they didn't offer how to cure it or get rid of it. And the Vicks idea will only increase the mucus.So this may come as a shock to you but the simplest way I've suggested to people is to buy Sudafed which is a nasal decongestant! This is sold over the counter and even Wal-Mart sells its version off name brand. You can check the name brand to off brand ingredients to ensure your getting what you want. This can also be found sold in dollar stores.Bad breath has many causes but one is from mucus in the nose which can drip down the throat while sleeping. Also sleeping with the mouth open doesn't help. Before I married my hubby, he had this and it drove me crazy after I married him and found out about it! He insisted the doctors were right and if it was so easy to correct, they would have! He had a snot locker nose full all day long, bad breath, snoring, dry throat, TOOTH infections, sleep apnea, tired upon waking and so much more! Well don't figure! He and his doctors knew better so I suffered sleeping with him (sometimes couldn't so I slept on the couch) for about 9 years! Until one day I forced him to take Sudafed. Funny how I was able to prove to him they were wrong and I was right!! Now married over 26 years and happy to sleep in the same room, all his problems are in his past!By the way: I found Sudafed the first time I was pregnant! My OBGYN recommended it when I was so sick with an upper resp infection and couldn't take anything else! My doctor NEVER allows and meds while preg so I was amazed when he said how safe it was for me and the BABY. Now with six healthy children of our own and several fostered over the years plus two Grandchildren added to the fold, we have all learned the benefits of Sudafed and PREVENTING catarrh instead of dealing with the effects! Side note: When my hubby first started the Sudafed, he increased the dose to 2 every 3 hours around the clock which was approved by my doc.
Self-help: Always blow your nose gently, one nostril at a time, keeping your mouth open; if you blow both nostrils together, catarrh may be forced up eustachian tube and cause Middle ear infection, and if you keep your mouth closed air may be pushed up the eustachian tube with such force that it ruptures the eardrum. Inhaling hot steam helps to decongest the airways, but do not use Friar鈥檚 balsam or other additives as these may antidote whatever homeopathic remedy you are taking; by the same token, dry air is bad for a stuffed up nose, so make an effort to humidify the rooms where you work or sleep, especially if they have central heating.
Put some VICKS in a bowl of hot water, hold your head over it with a towel over your head so the steam does not escape, breath in the steam,
Yes but it's not pleasant. Get a large jug, and add whiskey, then add a chopped onion, a chopped or sliced lemon, one crushed clove of garlic and quite a lot of honey. Then top the whole thing up with boiling water. Stir for a while, Then sieve into a glass or mug and drink through out the day.
Trust me, this really works, and works well. And it doesn't taste as bad as it sounds, as all you really taste is the lemon and honey. Your breath wont be the best but at least you wont be able to small it. You'll notice a real difference after the first glass/mug full.Hope you're feeling better soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net