Saturday, October 31, 2009

Anyone know of a cure for diaper rash that won't go away?

I've used all the regular creams and pastes on him. It's not bleeding or itchy, but it very red and bumpy. Poor little guy. Anyone know of something stronger?
Answer:
My daughter had a horrible one when she was a baby, and I too tried everything. Then my pediatrician told me to mix cornstarch and vaseline together unill it forms kind of a paste. Rub that on the rash. Everytime you change him clean the area with a cloth dampened in warm water, the reapply the paste. He'll get immediate relief and it will heal very quickly. I still make this stuff even now for heat rashes, etc. It's like a magic cure all for skin rashes. I hope it's gone quickly for him! Good luck.
baby powder.
lanolin worked for our kids
Hi, when my daughter was a baby i used Penatin (spelling?) cream and if that didnt work I went to the doctor and got a prescription. Hope this helped
Hi there,A perfect cream for nappy rash is 'Bepanthen', it IS THE BEST. check website below!
I sounds like a yeast infection, not a diaper rash. If you take him to the doctor you will probably get a prescription for niacin. You can also try an over-the-counter like monistat.If this has persisted for a while, it may be an allergy to the diapers, if you use disposables. You know how there are beads in disposable diapers that turn to gel when wet? This is a synthetic chemical and many infants are allergic. Try switching to a different brand of diaper, or use cloth. Cotton diapers can compound the rash if it's not an allergy, so try a fleece diaper. Fleece wicks moisture away from the skin. Something like this may do the trick:
http://www.envirobabystore.com/displaypr...If you're already using cloth diapers and the rash is not a yeast infection, it may be a chemical burn caused by your laundry detergent.
My daughter was allergic to her disposable diapers. Maybe its not diaper rash but an allergic reaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net