Sunday, October 25, 2009

Any suggestions on quiting smoking?

without drugs
Answer:
find a tobacco farm and volunteer to work in that stuff for a little while...you have to wear long sleeves while you're handling the stuff, cuz the tar from the leaves will take your hide off...only an idiot would smoke after being around the stuff for a while.easiest way to quit: don't put that damm nasty thing in your mouth. don't set fire to it. start jogging every day...your lungs will tell you to quit, in no uncertain terms.
Google pictures of lung and throat cancer...I did and I haven't touch a cig since.
I couldn't without medication..try it cold turkey and good luck
Go cold turkey, it will work if you have strong willpower. Try jogging when you wake up and then a cold shower. Also try sugar free hard candies. It worked for my brother.
There is a procedure where they actually "zap" a nerve in your ear which they "claim" ends the urge and want to need a cigg. May want to look that up , I heard was cheap actually and heard it works. But.. that was just something I thought was interesting enough to share. My real oppinion on how to help stop smoking. remove all objects related to smoking from your house, IE: Ashtrays, lighters, cigs, other people who smoke (ask for people to smoke outside if not already) then once your house is cleaned out.. To keep your mind off the addiction of neeeeding a cig.. try to keep yourself busy. Notice how u dont smoke when your working? unless u take a smoke break which you wont be doing:) Keep active , chew on gum or eat nuts and stay active! keep busy as much as possible. Mostly when you feel the need to smoke. Their are also programs out there (free) that help people stop smoking. Call your local health department and ask if they know of any programs out there (they dont require money or drugs) Ther will eventually be a program you may like. :)
Congrats on the will to quit and goodluck to you!
drink plenty of water and try to get at least 8 hours sleep. I read that people who sleep at least 8 hours a night are more likely to be able to stop smoking. Also, add up all the money you spend on cigs and put the savings away towards a "smoke free vacation". It will add up to more than you think!! Good Luck!
Try having a myocardial infarction ( heart attack) at 36 after 28 years of smoking (yes it works out at starting smoking from the age of 8 years old) then having a double bypass at 50. that really works.
cold turkey
I quit cold turkey in 1998. Maybe not the easiest way to quit, but "cutting down" was an exercise in futility. I'd go right back to the normal amount again after a few days. Likewise with backing off to ultra light brands. I'd be chopping filters halfway off instead of just buying the regular ones I smoked. Anyway, I had obviously been thinking about it for a while and I was sick of smoking. Tired of having to clean the windows in my car once a week, tired of the smell, the taste, it just wasn't doing it for me.One day I was driving somewhere and ran out. So I decided that was the end, at that very minute. As the day went on, I was not too bad. The next two or three days were not easy, but it wasn't the end of the world. Very much a mind over matter issue, at least for me. But the "matter" part of it isn't easy to overcome because nicotine is very addictive. The fact that I was committed to it and was really tired of smoking helped immensely.As far as "missing" smoking, I never found that to be much of a problem. I did think about it when having coffee and associated it with a lot of times during the day (after eating) but it really didn't keep me from doing the same things I would do, or from socializing even with other smokers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net