Saturday, October 31, 2009

Anyone have Restless Legs Syndrome?

How do you deal with it? (Any ideas other than the drugs)
Answer:
I have RLS; unfortunately, the best treatment options are drugs. However, I have found that inactivity worsens the symptoms, so getting in some walking on a daily basis helps alleviate the symptoms (but nothing gets rid of the condition), and taking calcium supplements also seems to make the condition a little worse (I have also read this on medically-reviewed articles). Caffeine also aggravates the symptoms in many people. Anything that will help you sleep, even over-the-counter sleep aids, like diphenhydramine (Benadryl), help out since the problem is usually just getting quality sleep, so maybe try a tukey sandwich (containing tryptophan, a natural sleep-enhancer, one reason why people are so sleepy on Thanksgiving afternoon, is contained in high amounts in turkey). Good luck!
well, considering RLS can be a symptom of a larger picture, i'd do what i could to rule out all possibilities first and then go from there. those with lupus, hepatitis c as well as other viral infections have a higher incidence of rls. i had hcv. i had rls as well as fibro. once they found the root cause, i treated and responded.water seems to be a wonderous thing too-it keeps your body hydrated and flushed of toxins that could cause rls by passing the blood brain barrier.
I get it really bad sometimes when I go to bed, after standing pretty much all day.
I try to flex my toes to break the concentration on my calves.
I hate it.
beer or two
My wife has that I believe , but has not been examined or seen the doctor about it , she does hit herself in the legs when she has the problem , I think she should stop doing that and get checked , but I've been unsuccessful in convincing her to listen to me. I sometimes have the problem though very rarely so as it's not a problem generally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net