Saturday, October 31, 2009

Anyone had a brain haemorrhage and survived?

my wife had an aneurysm the year before last and still suffers from headaches.
Answer:
I had a sub arachnoid haemorrhage in 2001. Took me a few years to recover and the treatment took a while but I am now back to normal. Mine occurred from an AVM not an aneurysm, not that it matters. Tell her there are others out there, good luck. I do have to take tablets everyday, but I think that has become psychological now mate
yes....
I fyou have one you should've gone to the hospital straight away to drain the blood and if you didn't you could've died
A friend of ours had an aneurysm several years ago(liek 4 or 5) and he still has headaches. He also has to be careful not to bump his head becuase doctors told him that if he hit it it could cause him to another on and that it would most likely be fatal.
yes i had one 27years ago, get terrible headaches but not that often - but when they happen, boy do they happen
yes,its true.
i havent but an ex of mine did
as your wife he still gets bad headaches it also did a few other things...it affected his speech and made him well ermmm i wouldnt like to say stupid but his brain acted slower bless him.
all this over doing an every day thing of just picking his trousers up...it was that simple...
Stroke is a brain hemorrhage so yes tons of people have had one and survived including my dad.
of course.. otherwise your wife would not still be alive. many many people survive it with little or no after effects
a dear freind of mine had a pituitry (spelt wrong)tumour and he survived.
I had a subdural hematoma, bleed in the area between the brain and sheath holding fluid your brain floats around in.Surgery released the pressure but damage had already been caused to my right frontal lobe, left side numbness and trouble remembering things.
My mum did about eight years ago. We were so worried at the time and because of the severity we were told that she wouldn't last the week. She was in a deep coma and astonished everyone by waking up the next morning and asking for the toilet. She was in hospital for months and went through many stages including losing her speech for a while. When she recovered, she had headaches for a couple of years and had a certain amount of memory loss. I was so embarassed intially when talking to her doctor, I referred to it as a subarachnoid haemorroid!
my best friends mom had an aneurysm and lived through it and continues to have headaches because the swelling in her brain hadn't quite gone down. don't be too alarmed but still make sure she goes in regularly. just in case. since the brain suffered such a major trauma before she is more likely to have it happen again. just be sure to monitor the headaches.I'd advise keeping a journal record of the occurrences of such headaches and severity. take this to the doctor. and also try to have your wife pinpoint where the head ache is coming from what type of headache it is (or feels like such as allergies, temples, behind eyes, back of head, migraine) take this to the doctor and he may be able to help her out with all of it. and having that record will help it move more efficiently.hope i was of help.
Yes survival is very likely. I agree with aspirin therapy to keep the blood thinned as it is circulated. Try to help her keep as strees free as possible. Miagraines usually precede and come aftr brain hemmorages. Keep her current with all Dr. appointments. She will need them for life.
Mine was not an aneurysm, but of unknown cause about 8 months after a clot stroke and overlapping the original damage. I'm living still after 4 years, but it does still cause many of my problems. I am also on high doses of coumadin, but take no other blood thinners on top of this one. I have hyper-coagulation, and I worry more about another clot than a bleed. Good luck to you both.
Brother-in-law had one. He used to take the medication doctors gave him and then he quit because they didn't help. They said he has more anuerisms that have not bursted-yet. Could your wife be the same? Brother is spost to take medication for high blood pressure and for seizures (those occured sometimes when he drank beer). The headache thing would scare me though. Should she be checked again for more blockages?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net